HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
Last update: March 10, 2023
Glu Company are a Digital Services and Tech entity and is the umbrella for a group of companies, including media planning and buying companies, or tech companies such as Glu Corp, Glu Solution, Kuzros, etc. and technology providers including: Theviralab among others.
EntityGlu Corp: Glu Company
Glu Company neither any of the holding companies do not collect any data via cookies or any type of ID in our webpages.
We only collect your data when you actively fill up our online form to request more info or to contact us and that can be directly on our web page, or via advertising.
What information is collected by Glu Company from Online Form?
We collect information that enables us to contact you when you request it. We only collect the info that is visible in our online form.
Collection and Use of Contact Information.
There are a few instances, as we explain earlier, where we may collect your name and contact details (such as e-mail address, telephone number and postal address). But, we won’t collect this information without consent.
Where you might voluntarily provide your name and contact details include:
• Responding to requests: we keep a record of information, including email address and other contact information, solely for responding to a user’s request. For example:
• If you click on the “contact us” link and submit a question or comment, we will collect your name, e-mail address, and phone number to send you a reply.
• If you voluntarily ask to be added to our newsletter list, we will collect your e-mail address to send you our email newsletter.
By entering your contact information as noted above you are consenting to Glu Company using that information to contact you regarding your request. This consent is our legal basis for using the information in this way.
If at any time you decide to withdraw your consent and like would us to remove you from our marketing e-mails or newsletters, or to unsubscribe from our database, you can contact us using the details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice. You must include your name, e-mail address, and clear instructions regarding changes you are requesting. You may also unsubscribe from e-mail newsletters by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of the e-mail.
*This section only applies if you are a resident of California under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws (together ‘California Laws’).
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request a list of companies, if any, to which Glu Company has provided personal information for its own marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Please allow 30 days for a response.
As used in this CCPA section, “personal information” does not include:
• Information that is lawfully made available from federal, state or local government records.
• De-identified or aggregated information
• Information excluded from the scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (‘CCPA’), such as:
• Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; and
• Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Your Right to Know and Access Information
California consumers have the right to request that we disclose to them, for the 12-month period preceding the date of the request, (i) the categories of personal information we have collected about them, (ii) the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, (iii) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information, and (v) the specific pieces of personal information we hold about them.
Your Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records. However, we may retain information that has been de-identified or aggregated.
• Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) in order to perform certain actions, set forth under CCPA, such as detecting security incidents and protecting against illegal activity.
• In any access or deletion request that you make pursuant to this notice, you should include your full name, e-mail address, and clear instructions regarding changes and/or information you are requesting in sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to your request. In addition, we ask that you please provide sufficient information to enable us to reasonably verify that you are the person (or an authorized representative of the person) regarding whom we collected the personal information. Generally speaking, verification will be performed by matching the identifying information provided by you to the personal information that we already have. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
• In order to protect the security of your personal information, we will not honor a request if we cannot verify your identity (or, in the case of an authorized representative, authority to make the request) and confirm that the personal information relates to you. With respect to any requests to delete your data, once we receive and verify your request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception under applicable law applies. If we cannot comply (in whole or in part) with a request, the response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply.
• We will respond to consumer requests in a reasonably timely manner. If we require extra time to respond, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you use an authorized agent to exercise the right to opt-out, you must provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and we may deny the request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that it has been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Note – Subject to applicable law, opting out through this mechanism will not prevent your personal information from being shared with third parties for non-marketing purposes (for example, to process one of your transactions). Further, this opt out mechanism will not prevent the transfer of personal information in connection with a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other sale of all or a portion of our assets.
To exercise any of your rights herein, you can contact us using the contact information provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice. Please remember that any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights hereunder!
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Please note that because of the changing nature of privacy laws and regulations, digital technologies, and our business, we may modify this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please review this Privacy Notice periodically to become aware of any changes that may have occurred (we will update the effective date at the top of the page to help you know when changes have been made).
If you have any complaints or wish to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. Please use the details set out depending on where you are located and we will do our best to address any complaints or worries you may have about how we collect and handle your Personal Data.
If for whatever reason you don’t feel like we have adequately addressed your concerns you can contact the Data Protection Authority in your jurisdiction and make a formal complaint.